Jaxon has been struggling with some major allergy issues lately, so I decided to whip up some pumpkin treats last week. Pumpkin has been said to help with allergy symptoms and eating a treat daily along with some Allergy Medicine from Amazon has him feeling A LOT better! I'll be honest and say I'm not a professional food blogger, BUT I did use a cup to roll the dough, a shot glass to cut these treats and I even ate one to test it out myself. #ProudDogMom
Prep - 15 Minutes
Cook - 40 minutes
- 2 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. It's a thick mixture so don't be afraid to use your (freshly washed) hands. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff.
3. Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll. No roller on hand? No problem! I used a plastic cup! 😉
4. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces... Don’t be afraid to bust out the shot glasses if you do not have any treat cutters on hand! Flip it upside down, press & voila!
5. Bake in preheated oven until hard, approximately 40 minutes.
Let me know how much your fur kids love these treats! So far, our boys are loving them, and they are great for our foster puppy to chew on too!